Battery R&D Project Leader
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Evaluate performance of full cells, which are designed with optimized cathode materials, and investigate full cell making processes to detect potential issues/problems in battery makers and suggesting improving ways proactively.
Operation management of Small cell lab
- Team members’ management
- Lab management: Quality control / Database / MSA / EHS / 5S
- Report to and communicate with Battery research manager
Communication to full cell testing requestor
- Define scope and priority of material testing
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in regards to material evaluation and its report
Development of full cell test protocols
- Develop new testing methods to support material development or qualification
- Investigate interrelation between material property and battery performance
- Develop data mining tools with Digitalization Team and IT
Collaboration with external providers
- Tracking newly developed battery technology such as battery system / parts / process
- PhD degree (in materials science and battery related science / engineering) or equivalent with over 5 years working experience within the domains of research, project management and process technology development
- Specific development experience of various lithium ion batteries such as cylindrical, prismatic, and polymer, and power cell
- Good understanding of manufacturing process and equipments for battery
- Battery design, interpretation of the performance, and getting improvement point fast
- Good understanding of synthesis, structure, and physical and electrical properties of the cathode material used in battery
- Problem solving skills
- Data mining skills
- Fluent in Korean and in English both
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?