GPM Project Leader
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
The GPM Project Leader is globally responsible for establishing key process conditions through pilot, proto and MPTR activities for major leading and derivatives products through fine-tuning, improvement and combination of proven technologies and secure fundamental data of APQP for new products.
- Develop application technology for coating, doping, washing for high Ni mass production
- Manage and coordinate execution of the individual projects and report progress with the priorities
- Securing fundamental data for APQP of new product
- New process development, experimental design and data analysis for new product for Lab scale to MP scale with PTE and PCC
- Manage sub team member by providing development opportunities and tailored coaching.
- Technical Assistant to Production and Technical Assistant to Customer
- 'PhD in chemistry, materials science or electrochemistry' or '3+ years experiences in Battery Industry with MD in engineering' or '7+ years experience in Battery Industry with BS in engineering'
- Recognized expertise at LIB RD, Process and Production field
- Sufficient English level to communicate within the world-wide Umicore organization
- Data Analysis and engineering integration skill
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?