South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Logistics Officer is responsible for logistics matters of import and export material of the RBMK plant.
1. Logistics & Warehouse
• Ensure timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of import and export.
• Coordinate logistics activities with procurement, finance and other substantive units.
• Update shipping details within SAP and RBMK ERP system.
• Closely liaise with Customs Brokers to ensure any obstacles relating to customs clearances.
• Lodge duty drawback claims and firmed import declarations.
• Verify invoices and payments related to logistics.
• Follow up of Internal and external warehouse (Fees and movement of inventories) incl. bonded warehouse with Warehouse organization
• Responsible for month end gathering of inventory information for the Finance team.
• Obtain freight quotes using approved vendors and make cost effective decisions.
• Creation of cost savings through volume contract negotiations, set up of logistics contracts
• Rate and qualify vendors.
• Communicate to vendors RBMK requirements, policies and procedures
• Seek out suppliers to obtain price quotations and specifications
Who we are looking for
1. Functional requirements
• BS in business or logistics with 1-7 years of experience in logistics.
• Knowledge of basic procurement is a plus
• Both oral and written English skills required
• Capable user of SAP, MS office applications
• Good Negotiation skills
• Good mix of conceptual/strategic thinking and practical execution
2. Personal skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to identify and solve problems
• Innovative and adaptable to change
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?