Process R&D, Project Leader
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Define, coordinate and execute process related R&D projects on time
- Redefine the project in dynamic situation
- Transfer improved process in collaboration with related internal/external counter parties
- Report project progress in timely manner
Competence development and team management
- Responsible for a research team consist of 2~3 researchers/technicians
- Set up strategic direction for competence development of the team
- Manage team’s R&D projects, and make sure the team is focused and result driven
- PhD degree (chemistry, physics, engineering, etc.) or equivalent with over 5 years working experience within the domains of research, project management and process technology development
- Expertise in process technology development in the field of firing technologies and processes of inorganic materials
- Project management, organizing, planning and coordination skills
- Ability to utilize resources effectively on global scale
- Fluent in both Korean and English - speaking and writing
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?