South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 09-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Quality Technologist(CQA) is responsible for customer satisfaction, participating in dedicated customer related activities and professionally copes with various requests and complaints regarding customer’s quality.
1. VOC management
- Follow up customer’s request regarding quality issue.
2. Customer audit
- 4M, Regular/Irregular, Theme audit leading and coordination
3. Continuous improvement related to customer quality
- SPC monitoring, CoA monitoring, CLQ management
4. Customer MOC management
- 4M Control reflecting customer 4M requirement and review the biz impact with relevant team
5. Customer specification management
- Review customer specification compared with historical data and analysis for Cpk
Who we are looking for
- BS in industrial engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc. (0~4 years of experience in related field.)
2. Technical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry and industrial engineering.
- Computer skills: use well Microsoft Office software (especially Word, Excel and Access)
and statistical software (Minitab, SPC).
- Qualified internal quality auditor program or have official license of ISO 9001 and
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and quality risk factors of lithium secondary battery.
- Good written and spoken English communication.
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of internal team member
and cooperation & other part
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment.
- Good relationship with other section and department to find best way.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO