RTR and Tax Accountant
South Korea, Seoul UMSK
Posted on 30-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Financial accounting (50%)
- Establish and implement solid financial accounting and management accounting policies and relevant operation work procedures of the company.
- Organize and lead day-to-day accounting operation of the company on all areas in order to provide timely and accurate reports as required by relevant laws, regulations or requirements.
- Maintain accounting records that accurately and timely reflect the operating conditions of the company and preparation of reports in accordance to Korean IFRS and Umicore financial reporting standards (UFRS) and BS Reconciliation.
- Lead & Support the Equity Reconciliation between IFRS and KIFRS.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with various government authorities and audit firms.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Responsible for PwC Belgium & Korea Audit
- Responsible for value added tax calculation and Others tax.
- Report deferred tax and corporate tax(include Cognos).
- Corporate income tax return
- Responsible for tax audit from tax authorities.
Retirement pension related work (5%)
- Calculate total retirement pension balance every year for the year end closing.
- Assess retirement pension fund operation companies’ performance and adjust additional fund amount and balancing among them.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Management or Accounting.
- 8 + year’s practical experience in financial & tax accounting.
- Good knowledge of local GAAP(KIFRS) and IFRS reporting.
- Year-end closing / Statutory reporting & Year-end Tax filing
- SAP – FICO module experience
- Manufacturing cost accounting
- Good office computer skills (MS office package e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills – Korean and English
- Tax Audit experience plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO