Corporate R&D Researcher
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Posted on 22-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore R&D has achieved a strong position as R&D partner and cathode supplier for emerging battery technology companies like SSB start-ups. And Umicore R&D is also developing next generation cathode and working closely with battery companies and R&D partners all over the world. We need to keep and further strengthen this position. The main purpose is to manage cathode preparation, supporting R&D and customer sampling, mostly within related project
1. Cathode preparation and piloting
2. Supporting R&D (process and piloting)
3. Cathode R&D (improvements of products, product evaluation, ..)
4. JDA support and customer sampling
5. Co-working with AT and OI in customer collaborations, preparing TDP, sampling planning etc.
6. Co-working with Corporate R&D application and RBM battery for cathode and application R&D
Who we are looking for
- Master degree in physics, materials, or chemistry is preferred
- Experience in battery or materials field is a plus
- Intermediate level in English (written/spoken)
- Computer knowledge, ideally some programming experience
- Basic knowledge of R&D equipment, IT tools and data management
- Task management & Problem solving
- Scientific curiosity
- Self driven
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?