IS Service Desk Supervisor
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 16-09-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The IS Service Desk Supervisor provides operational and tactical leadership to the 1st line Service Desk operations as well as providing hands-on desk-side IT support to end users on the sites in scope.
1. IS Service Desk Vendor management
- Establish and manage a centralised and professional 1st line Service Desk that acts as the single point of contact for end users to drive their IT issues and standard IT request to timely resolution
- Ensure the centralised service desk functions in line with global service desk processes and procedures
- Ensure the service Desk delivers a consistent and reliable service that meet the business and IT management expectations.
- Monitor the functioning of the Service Desk amongst others by setting up KPI reporting and regular end user satisfaction surveys and ensure targets are met
2. Leadership & team management
- Provide leadership to the 1st line Service Desk technicians
- Ensure the Service Desk is sufficiently staffed and technical skills are in line with requirements and expectations (Contract extension and expiration, performance result reviews, resource planning, …)
3. Knowledge management
- Represent APAC work with IS global knowledge base team on knowledge management.
- Ensure the knowledge base is accurate and up to date, to allow the Service Desk technician to provide a good quality of service
4. Customer relation & communication
- Ensure sufficient promotion is done and user are educated and informed on how to use the Service Desk Services
- Ensure a communication process in in place to timely and adequately inform users on any IT changes or issues that may have an impact in the business
5. Asset & License Management
- Ensure the Service desk sets up and maintains an accurate inventory of IT assets and users, in line with global IT processes and procedures
- Ensure the Service desk maintains an accurate IS software and can guarantee software license compliance.
6. 2nd and 3rd line (desk-side) IT client support.
- Provide technical support on client equipment (PC, Printing, desktop software, …).
- Provide technical support on meeting room- & conference equipment, Cisco IP Phone, etc.
- Drive 2nd and 3rd line incident and change ticket to resolution that were assigned by the 1st level Service Desk or other resolver teams.
7. 2nd and 3rd line support. (server management, network & security)
- Manage and maintain local server room and hosting environment.
- Provide technical support related to local network connectivity
- Support information security user awareness and related system/process local implementation.
8. Keep expertise level up to date
- Maintain a good understanding of all equipment and software used within the operation.
- Maintain an awareness of new IT technologies. Training users on “how-to-use” IT tools.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s in computer science/information systems plus 4~6 years of experience
- Certification in supported IT Technology layers (ex. Microsoft Certification System Engineer)
- ITIL foundation certification
- Microsoft Azure
- Broad technical knowledge and experience of the IT systems and technologies (Microsoft product).
- Broad technical knowledge and experience of IT hardware and technologies. (HP, Cisco, Ricoh product)
- Hand on experience of user PC, printer, and meeting room IT facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge of PC software and Microsoft software center, SCCM.
- Basic knowledge of project management concepts and practices. With experience manage small project or support complex project.
- Ability to report on operations performance and formulate improvement proposal
- Ability to present technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Ability to maintain good and regular communications with all kind of users in Korea in English/Korean
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?