South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 31-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Maintenance is primarily responsible for assisting in asset maintenance such as corrective, planned & improvement. Their key task is to develop both short and long term maintenance plans for the maintenance teams in collaboration with supervisors and area coordinators. They are responsible for ensuring resourcing and parts are arranged to allow the team to meet its service delivery and budgetary expectations to our customers. The role title maintenance planner, will also involves a scheduling component, in addition to the planning function.
1. Scheduling & Planning
a. Review and screening of notification, confirmation of job scope / requirements (including safety hazards)
b. Issue work orders in PM SAP with clear timeline, making sure resources are available.
c. Determination and updates to the estimates for resource type, resource hours, materials, and work order duration in collaboration with the task requestor.
d. Coordinating with the PM SAP administrator, relevant operations groups, and maintenance supervisors to prioritise outstanding maintenance work for selection in the next schedule period.
e. Weekly review of the success of the previous weeks plan, documenting any reasons for non-delivery of assigned tasks and continually working with stakeholders to eliminate causes of non-delivery.
f. Management and measurement of the assigned teams backlog in conjunction with the relevant supervisors ensuring all completed works are closed off and all open works are correctly prioritised, have relevant required by and planned start / finish dates and the status is updated in accordance with relevant planning phases.
g. Go to shop floor, talk to relevant people to better define resources
h. Create daily and weekly schedule band
i. Create daily and weekly schedule band on resource availability (people, machine, material) and priority given by internal customer
j. Follow up release of printed or electronic format work order to supervisors in accordance with the agreed maintenance schedule.
2. Procurement control
a. SC of materials, equipment, services, and other resources (including specialised tools, and contractor resources) required for the specific tasks in line with scheduling (start / finish)
b. Control and purchase consumables (workshop)
Who we are looking for
1. Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and maintenance work management in the relevant advertised (electrical or mechanical) field.
- Work experience in contract management experience, Cost management and budgeting are preferred.
2. Technical skills
- Good knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (SAP PM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office suite, specifically Word, Excel & Outlook
- Knowledge of Rechargeable battery materials equipment, systems and processes
- Perform a simple cost analysis to confirm resource / materials estimates.
- Maintenance performance report writing skills
3. Personal skills
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with non-trades and management personnel.
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving ability.
- Self-motivation, reasonable, opened mind, organization skills and adaptability to change team spirit.
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment
- Build good relationship with other section and department
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my skills can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?