Program Liaison Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Posted on 30-06-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Program Manager defines, coordinates and executes a multi-dimensional innovation program to meet specific business-driven innovation objectives along with/supporting Sr. Program Manager. By monitoring progress and adjusting program priorities and resource needs, the Program Manager will ensure the program meets its objectives within the defined time and scope. This new position will focus on early-stage R&D projects which will be further defined upon hiring, and will also focus on developing & optimising tools to facilitate program activities. Main responsibilities are;
- Defines program scopes and resources, build up a cross functional team, coordinates and executes a consistent and prioritized innovation program based on individual projects in-line with the business-innovation objectives
- Follows-up on the program execution within the scope and timing, and ensures corrective actions are put in place when needed via necessary means (e.g. project meetings, interface meetings, SteerCo meetings, etc.) between Program organization and the related departments
- Develop, optimise and maintain program tools, including product lists, roadmaps, interfaces and communication methods to effectively follow up on project progress, deliverables and milestones.
- Reports program status and next steps towards the relevant steering committees
- Collaborates and builds partnerships outside and across the RBM organization (PTE, M&S, CRD, external) to ensure the success of the program
Who we are looking for
- An analytical thinker with problem solving ability
- Self-motivated person with open mind and positive mindset who are ready to work with diverse interfaces
- Assertive person to deliver constructive messages and to challenge decisions
- Proactive person who can see big picture but at the same time keep accurate record
- Technical degree (Bachelor’s degree or above in Chemistry, Physics, Materials, Engineering, or similar) is a must, with either (1) Ph.D.; or (2) Master’s degree with over 5 years working experience in R&D organisation
- Project management, planning and coordination skill is very much required
- Good understanding of R&D and Quality Management with business acumen
- Great communication skill in both Korean and in English along with presentation, summary skills who can deliver concise messages
- Work experience preferably within the domains of cross-functional research program management
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO