Project Manager- Battery Materials
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Corporate Research & Development
Research & Development
Posted on 23-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Corporate Research & Development
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore Corporate R&D is developing next generation cathode and working closely with R&D partners including battery companies all over the world. The main purpose is to manage cathode preparation, upscaling and customer sampling, mostly within designated project. As a project manager, you will be in charge of these activities from Umicore Korea site and aligns the activities with diverse stakeholders. Main responsibilities are;
- In charge of R&D tasks and projects inline with the relevant internal and external parties as well as aligned program
- Keep close communicate with customers/partners together with Applied Technology team and keep the product roadmap aligned with customer's needs and on time
- Manage internal resource and interact with other department to ensure on-time customer sampling, which includes but not only limited to precursor and raw material stock, piloting request, internal and external analysis
Who we are looking for
- An open minded people person who is ready to communication with all relevant parties in time
- A creative person who can identify problems/needs and solve the problems as well as promote changes
- Self-motivated person with open mind and positive mindset who are ready to work with diverse interfaces and still be able to think logically
- ‘PhD’ or ‘MS with 5+ years’ of experience’ from Materials or Battery field
- Native Korean speaker who can additionally communicate in spoken and written English
- Full of team spirit and able to coach his/her team
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO